What we do
London Construction Programme (LCP) is an organisation of local authorities and partners established to develop a pan-London construction strategy. LCP’s framework agreements, contracts and construction Category Management support services can bring efficiencies to the public sector in the form of quality of outcomes, process standardisation and class-leading performance management within the construction environment.
LCP is committed to obtaining efficiencies and improvements in construction. It is the intention of the LCP to explore innovation in the industry and work with providers to meet the government targets of:
‘33% lower costs; 50% faster delivery and 50% lower emissions’ – (source: ‘Industrial Strategy: Government and Industry in Partnership Construction 2025’ – July 2013, HM Government).
The following are the methods which the LCP will be using under this framework to help to achieve these targets, which follow current Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) guidelines:
- Use of the PAS91: 2013 PQQ
- Use of two stage tendering processes
- Collaboration with, integration of, and utilising innovation from, second tier supply chains to drive down costs and increase efficiency
- Use of regular ‘Meet the Buyer’ events/workshops with potential second tier supply chains to engage SMEs
- Use of Life Cycle Costing
- Use of BIM level 2 on all projects over £1m in value (approximately)
- Use of sustainable construction
- Promotion of innovative apprenticeship schemes (including workshops, training, recruitment fairs/events etc
- Promoting a culture of partnership and innovation with providers including capturing successful innovation