Coming soon: The London Construction Programme Major Work 2019 Framework Agreement
Procurement Pipeline: LCP Replacement Major Work Framework
LCP is procuring a second generation Major Works Framework for the delivery of Housing and Residential, Education & Leisure, Capital Projects, Historical & Heritage and Highway & Public Realm projects to be utilised by members of the London Construction Programme (LCP) covering greater London and the Home Counties.
The new framework will replace the existing arrangement, which expires in summer 2019.
The new framework will be based on 5 London Regions for values of £1-5m for Housing and Residential, Education and Leisure and Capital Projects.
For value, bands above £5m it will be pan London.
For Historical and Heritage and Highways and Public Realm it will be pan-London and cover projects ranging in value from £1m to £20m plus.
The procurement will adopt the Open Procedure under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 to deliver a simplified Pan-London framework of accessible contractors covering a wide range of works and ancillary services adopting either single or two stage tendering using any of the construction industry standard form of contract including bespoke developer agreements.
We will update this page at each stage of the project.
Please register with Delta E-Sourcing to view the latest published notification.
Our ‘New and Events’ pages provides details of the pre-procurement market engagement exercise within the Construction Works market which helped structure the framework lots, London regions and value bands.
Our aim is to deliver the benefits set out below from the new framework.
Benefits of the Major Works Framework for LCP Members
- Delivery of a Contractor Framework with contractors capable of working across several specialities including housing and residential , education & leisure, capital projects, historical & heritage and highway & public realm.
- The contractors have a proven track record of delivering projects within the following contract value bands: £1M-£5m/£5m-£10m/£10M-£20m/£20m+
- The framework will have contractors, able to provide construction works and ancillary services across the geographic regions of central, north, east, south and west London for the £1-5m contract values and pan-London for the remainder within the boundary of the M25 and extension into Home Counties.
- The contractors will be selected based on understanding the needs of the framework and innovative mantra with a focus on maintaining quality at a better cost and high standard of health and safety.
- Contractors have committed to providing social value for all projects as required by the public sector body.
- Contractors need to meet specific KPIs and provide satisfactory performance for the delivery of works or otherwise face suspension from the framework until they self-cleanse.
- Clear and simple commercial model and framework management procedures ensuring the framework is simple to use for the end user.
- To become a ‘one stop shop’ for public sector construction procurement requirements as its absolute flexibility and is not prescriptive in terms of the form of contract required.
- Call offs can be in any standard form (JCT, NEC 3/4, ICE, ICC, FIDIC, Bespoke Development Agreements) supported by a schedule of amendments for public sector use as required.
Benefits of the Major Works Framework for Suppliers
- More accessible to SME’s and Local Suppliers.
- Easy to administer contemporary KPIs
- The framework will provide greater clarity for Public Sector bodies on the breadth of sectors and works covered.
- The framework is flexible with light touch EOIs, sifting briefs preceding mini competition but also allowing Direct Call–Offs.
- User friendly with an expectation of it being the first choice of a construction framework by public sector bodies.
- Management levy of 0.5 percent, which is extremely competitive.