Coming soon: The London Construction Programme Major Work 2019 Framework Agreement
Procurement Pipeline: LCP Replacement Major Work Framework
Haringey Council has released the tender for the London Construction Programme Major Works Framework 2019, which replaces the existing framework that expires from May 2019.
The framework allows eligible organisations quick and easy access to a large number of high-quality contractors.
The new framework is composed of five category lots:
1 – Housing and Residential,
2 – Education and Leisure,
3 – Capital projects,
4 – Historical and Heritage,
5 – Highway and Public Realm.
The framework is available for use by local authorities and other public sector organisations, within London and the home counties, for construction projects ranging from £1m to more than £20m.
The framework is to be used by LCP Members for a period of 5 years.
The new LCP Major Works Framework 2019 will replace the existing LCP Major Works Framework 2014 which is due to expire from May 2019.
The closing date for tender returns was on 25th March 2019.
Please visit Delta E-Sourcing to view the published notification.
Benefits of the Major Works Framework for LCP Members
- Delivery of a Contractor Framework with high quality contractors capable of working across several specialities across the five category lots;
- Contractors on the framework have a proven track record of delivering projects within the following contract value bands: £1M-£5m / £5m-£10m / £10M-£20m / £20m+;
- The framework covers London and the home counties area, with the central London area divided both by lot type and further by contract value to encourage competition and drive value for money for framework users;
- Contractor selection criteria for the framework is rigorous, including understanding the needs of the framework users and an innovative approach to construction methods, in addition to maintaining a focus on maintaining quality, value for money and high standards of health and safety;
- To gain access to the framework, Contractors must include social value commitments for all projects as required by public authorities;
- Contractors are monitored throughout the length of the framework, with the need to meet specific KPIs and provide satisfactory performance for the delivery of works. Failure to meet the requirements will result in suspension from the framework until they satisfactorily complete a self-cleansing exercise;
- The framework has a clear and simple commercial model and framework management procedures ensuring the framework is simple to use for all end users;
- The framework provides a ‘one stop shop’ for public sector construction procurement requirements. The framework is flexible with a number of construction projects covered alongside a number of forms of contracts that can be utilised;
- Call-off contracts can be in any standard form (JCT, NEC 4, ICE, ICC, FIDIC, Bespoke Development Agreements) supported by a schedule of amendments for public sector use as required.
Benefits of the Major Works Framework for Suppliers
- Accessible to SME’s and Local Suppliers.
- The framework provides greater clarity for Public Sector organisations on the breadth of sectors and works covered.
- The framework is flexible with light touch EOIs, sifting briefs preceding mini competition and also direct call-offs.
- User friendly with an expectation of it being the first choice of a construction framework by public sector organisations with projects within London and home counties.
- Management levy of 0.5 percent which is extremely competitive.