What is a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS)?
A DPS is a procedure available for contracts for works, services and goods commonly available on the market.
As a procurement tool, it has some aspects that are similar to an electronic framework agreement, but where new Suppliers can join at any time. It has its own specific set of requirements as set out in Regulation 34 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
A DPS is a two-stage process. First, in the initial setup stage, all Suppliers who meet the selection criteria and are not excluded must be admitted to the DPS. Unlike framework agreements, Suppliers can also apply to join the DPS at any point during its lifetime. Individual Call-Off Contracts are awarded during the second stage. In this stage, the LCP Member invites all Suppliers within a specific Service Category under the DPS to bid for a specific contract.
It is emphasised that admission to the DPS only requires Suppliers to demonstrate their suitability, ability, and capability to deliver the type of requirements for the applicable Service Category.
There is no requirement to submit any type of tender as part of the application for admission. Therefore, the decision on the best value-for-money offering can only be decided at the Tender stage for each individual requirement, and equal treatment requires that all Suppliers enrolled to the LCP DPS have the opportunity to bid.
Please see our short video highlighting the benefits of the LCP DPS in association with adam, (platform provider): LCP Dynamic Purchasing System Video
Benefits for Suppliers of being on a DPS:
- Sustain and grow your business: Access a much broader range of opportunities to bid for local and regional construction projects that meet your skillset
- Showcase your organisation: LCP suppliers can bring their brands to life by highlighting service value, differentiation and quality to a wider, relevant potential market
- Boost your credibility: Gaining accreditation to – and being associated with – an LCP approved Framework helps boost your organisation’s status
- Network for insights: Join a wide network of suppliers and benefit from the knowledge share opportunities
- Free to join
Benefits for LCP Members of using a DPS:
- Compliance with Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Access to an accredited and compliant supply chain
- Ability to grow your market place and drive competition
- Reduced resource for above threshold procurements
- Access to Market Intelligence that can inform future commissioning strategies.
- Support strategic aims such as: SME’s, Localism and Social Value
DPS for Construction, Estates and Property Professional Services
- Please visit the Professional Services page for further information.
DPS for Minor Works
- Please visit the Minor Works page for further information.